travelnews: TRAVEL TIP: Motor Pool rentals and the Voyager Fuel Card

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at
Mon Feb 27 14:54:51 PST 2017

Good afternoon Travel Coordinators:

One of the benefits of using a motor pool vehicle for UO business is that the fuel cost is built into the rental expense.  Each car has a Voyager card in the visor or glove box which works exactly like a credit card or debit card to purchase fuel.  It can be used at any major brand gas station (like Chevron or Shell) but it does not work at grocery store stations like Fred Meyer or Safeway.  If you are unsure if the station will accept the Voyager card, simply check with an attendant or manager.

To use the card, enter the six digit pin number located on the key tag (also located on the front and back windows) and your current odometer reading.  You get THREE tries so be sure to have all your information and enter the number correctly.  If you enter the information incorrectly three times, the card will lock and you will need to personally pay for the fuel purchase. Be sure to retain these receipts and report the purchase to motor pool so that your department can be credited.  Turn the receipts in to your travel coordinator in order to qualify for a travel reimbursement.

If for any reason the card does not work, call the 24 hour phone number located at the bottom of the orange slip clipped to the driver side visor."

For more information about renting a Motor Pool vehicle:

Safe Travels,

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
lajacoby at<mailto:lajacoby at>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.png
Type: image/png
Size: 2636 bytes
Desc: image001.png
URL: <>

More information about the travelnews mailing list